We're the largest and oldest student drama society in Cambridge and the resident company at the ADC Theatre.
No show this week
© CUADC 2019
The CUADC props store is packed full of useful items to help you add detail to your show – whether it’s Shakespeare or pantomime! We have a selection of commonly needed items for productions of genres, as well as a number of more obscure objects!
The props store is run by the Stage Managers’ Rep, and is located in the ADC Theatre.
The props store does NOT contain furniture. The ADC Theatre Management administers a furniture store, available to all shows at the ADC Theatre and Corpus Playroom. Please address any enquiries about furniture hire, including tables and chairs, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to access props:
- Email the Stage Managers’ Rep, at email@example.com, with any queries about the needs for your show. They will always be happy to tell you what’s available in advance.
- The props store is open by appointment only –when you get in touch we can arrange a time to meet to look at any items you’d like to see. Currently appointments are run on Wednesdays and Sundays, and must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Props may be used free of charge by any show affiliated with the ADC Theatre, and can be hired by anyone else looking for props for a negotiable fee based on quantity and quality of props.
- Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about props at all, or any more general stage management queries!
Conditions of hire:
- At the end of your show’s run the props must be returned by the agreed return date (usually the day after your show finishes)
- Props should be returned to the “Props Return Shelves” which are just outside the Props Store
- Please return your props in the condition you would wish them to be issued to you – in particular all crockery and glassware must be washed up.
- You will incur a charge for any damages, losses, breakages, or significant degradation to the quality of the prop.
- Contact the SM Rep with any issues arising.