We're the largest and oldest student drama society in Cambridge and the resident company at the ADC Theatre.
No show this week
© CUADC 2019
The CUADC costume store is packed full of useful clothing to help you with the design for your show – whether it’s Shakespeare or pantomime! We have a selection of commonly needed items for productions of genres, as well as a number of more obscure objects!
The costume store is run by the Designers’ Rep, and is located at the Fitzpatrick Hall at Queens’ College. Please note that due to it’s location the costume store is not accessible to anyone who is immobile and cannot climb a ladder. The CUADC Committee is aware of this unfortunate shortcoming and we are actively seeking out alternative locations. In the meantime the Designers’ Rep will happily collect/return costumes on behalf of anyone unable to do so themselves.
How to access costume store:
- Email the Designers’ Rep, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any queries about the needs for your show. They will always be happy to tell you what’s available in advance.
- The costume store is open by appointment only – when you get in touch you can arrange a time to meet to look at any items you’d like to see. Currently appointments are run on Thursdays between 10am-12pm, and must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Costumes may be used free of charge by any show affiliated with the ADC Theatre, and can be hired by anyone else for a negotiable fee based on quantity and quality of costumes.
- Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about costume, or any more general design queries!
Conditions of hire:
- At the end of your show’s run all costumes must be returned by the agreed return date (usually the day after your show finishes).
- Costumes should be returned to the costume store, unless otherwise agreed with the Designers’ Rep.
- Please return costumes in the condition you would wish them to be issued to you.
- You will incur a charge for any damages, losses, breakages, or significant degradation to the quality of the costumes.
- Contact the Designers’ Rep with any issues arising.